Yesterday both of my kids threw up on me.
Just another day in the life of a parent, amiright?
My 2.5 year old was courteous enough to throw up on the hard wood floor. My 2 month old has chosen her carpeted bedroom to be her puke place of choice.
This made me ponder the pros and cons of dog ownership whilst I watched my lab mix Bella lick up the puke from the floor. I used to find this completely disgusting, but now that I have two kids instead of one, I couldn't help but say, "thank you so much for the help!"
Pro/Con List of Dog Ownership While Raising Babies:
Pro: Cleans up throw up
Con: Fucking gross
Pro: Doesn't complain about anything
Con: I have another source of guilt all the time because only some days I may be a sub par mom, but almost always I'm a neglectful dog owner
Pro: Really cute
Con: Dog. Fur. Everywhere.
One of those, can't live with them, can't live without them deals so it seems.
But to any mom or dad who has ever been thrown up on, I raise my coffee mug to you. And I hope you have a dog who helps with the clean up.
No comments:
Post a Comment